Thursday, January 19, 2017

Wait for Hope to Appear

Wait for Hope to Appear

God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
His merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.

How great your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over)
He’s all I’ve got left.
God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks.
It’s a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.
It’s a good thing when you’re young to stick it out through the hard times.
When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. 

Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don’t ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don’t run from trouble. Take it full face.
The ‘worst” is never the worst.
Why? Because the Master won’t ever walk out and fail to return.
If He works severely, He also works tenderly.
His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.
He takes no pleasure in making life hard, in throwing roadblocks in the way.
 

Lamentations 3:22-33 MSG

Ladies-these scriptures from Lamentations have been so comforting for me through the most uncertain times as a coach’s wife. I pray they are encouraging for you too.

Are you in a season where life is heavy and hard to take? I pray you can go off by yourself and wait for hope to appear. I pray you know God has not left you and the worst is never the worst.

Does this season feel long? Do you feel like God has forgotten? I pray your heart doesn’t grow bitter. I pray you will be comforted by the fact that seasons have to change. I pray you know he is leading you, keep moving forward.

“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide you; I will turn the darkness into light before you and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake you.” Isaiah 42:16


If you are not in this season, I encourage you to grab a pink highlighter and remember these verses because we never know our time.

Father, You are our desire and You are all we got. We are comforted knowing that You will not leave us nor will You forsake us. I pray we know You are the one who will lift our heads. I pray we will keep moving forward in You. I pray we understand that seasons have to change. Thank You for Your word that leads us through the most difficult times, in Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment