Thursday, January 26, 2017

Anointing Kings

We are almost at the end of another hiring season for football. I see this time as God anointing new kings. I shared with you that I was at the coaching convention a few weeks ago. While there, I ran into some old friends from a previous staff. I congratulated them on their recent bowl win and told them how our family was praying for them. I reminded them of the words I heard during the celebration speech from their head coach, “Glory to God! He’s watched after this team all year and watched after us one more time. What a valiant effort by a group of young men and this staff.”

At the beginning of this team’s season many writers questioned if they had hired the right head coach for the job. They were turned off by the lack of luster behind his name. Some even wrote that they didn’t think they would survive their first year. I shared with my friends that God solidified His choice and He quieted the naysayers on their behalf. This triumphant victory for them was God saying, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

Ladies, as the dust settles and the carousel stops turning in this year’s hiring season, I pray you know that each new king is in place because our sovereign God decided where he would sit. I encourage you to live above the noise. 
As believers, we understand His sovereignty and we except His plans. Don't listen to the naysayers, turn your back on them and focus on the voice of the Lord. Follow King David's example, Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelek, "Bring me the ephod." Abiathar brought it to him, and David inquired of the LORD. I Samuel 30:7-8a

God knows what king to put in place in every leadership role. Have confident faith in Him and Him alone. 
Father, we give thanks to You for the plans You have for us. You decided before the foundations of the world who would lead what team.  Father, You are in control and we acknowledge Your control, in Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment