Friday, January 27, 2017

Speak to your Dry Bones

The hand of the Lord was on me, and He brought me out by His Spirit and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. He led me all around them. There were a great many of them on the surface of the valley, and they were very dry.  Then He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live? I replied, “Lord God, only You know.” Ezekiel 37:1-3

I believe this famous vision of dry bones from the Lord to Ezekiel is written to show us what to do when our situations seem hopeless. God took Him to a cemetery and then asked Him if what He saw could be resurrected.

Is there something in your life that looks dead from your point of view? 

The Lord then said to Ezekiel: “Prophesy concerning these bones and say to them: ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!’ This is what the Lord God says to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you will live. I will put tendons on you, make flesh grow on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you so that you come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord. Ezekiel 37:4

Wow-Are you facing a dead situation in your life: a hopeless doctor’s report, a setback financially, an injustice, or a situation beyond your control then, here are your instructions: Go to the Lord, inquire of Him and ask Him for a word to speak to your dry bones. 

Do you believe He can change it?  I hear you saying this is an Old Testament passage this isn’t for our time. Ok, let’s look at a New Testament text where Jesus is teaching His disciples the power of their words, faith and how to pray.

The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then He (Jesus) said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it. In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!” “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly, I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:12-14, 20-24 

Ladies-God doesn’t want us to think we have to live life without His input.  He desires a personal relationship with each one of us.  Through this relationship He desires to communicate with us. This is what Jesus was teaching the disciples from our New Testament passage and this is what God was demonstrating to Ezekiel about the dry bones from our main text.  When you involve God in your circumstances something has to change.  

Because I know God doesn’t want us to be ignorant to the way He communicates with us let’s go to His word again and see how He will speak to us. He said, “Hear now My words: if there is a prophet among you I, the Lord, shall make Myself known to him in a vision.  I shall speak with Him in a dream. Not so, with My servant Moses, he is faithful in all in all My household; with him I speak mouth to mouth, even openly, and not in dark sayings, and he beholds the form of the Lord.” Numbers 12:5-8  

What can we take away from this passage? His modes of communication: they are visions, dreams, mouth to mouth, and let me add His written word because He has provided it for us in our time.
 
Last, when He speaks you should be prepared to prophesy just life Ezekiel, say what He shows you, what you see in His word or what He comes to tell you. Your prophecy is the breath of life God will use to resurrect your situation.  Whatever He shows you speak this revelation by faith with a confident hope that God has the final word.  

Father, thank You for inspiring Your prophets to record Your word for us so that we can learn Your ways and put them into practice in our lives. Father, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus as a Rabbi (Great Teacher) to teach us the power in our words and how to pray.  Father, we know there is nothing too hard for You.  I pray my sisters draw close to You and expect You to communicate with them by Your Holy Spirit. I pray they believe You will speak to them and bring light to their dead circumstances. I pray they will say what You say and believe what You say, in Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment