Monday, September 12, 2016

The Meeting at the Mountain

The Meeting at the Mountain

The Lord called to Moses and spoke to him from the Tent of Meeting. He said, "Speak to the Israelites and say to them:" Leviticus 1:1

Ladies-St. Simon was my families' meeting place with God and it is where He called us.
Throughout my husband's career I was trying to find my place in his world beyond just supporting Him from behind the bench. When my coach and I met 16 years ago, I tried to run him off by telling him that I was called into ministry. I knew before I married him that I would give my life away to God to be used by Him. What I didn't know was how He was going to use me.

A calling isn't something I can tell you or anyone else for that matter. It is a revelation you get from God.

We have walked through several books in the Bible. Lets go back and examine some other calls from the Lord from those books:
Genesis 12:1 The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

Genesis 26:24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you." (Isaac meets God)

Genesis 28:13 There above it stood the Lord and He said, "I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. (Jacob meets God)

Exodus 3:4 When the Lord saw Moses coming to take a closer look, God called to him from the middle of the bush, "Moses! Moses!"

Now Ladies-When I met several of you this past summer at Coaches' Camp I challenged you to ask God, "why He had you to marry a coach." This is where you will discover your calling. 

 Go to the mountain with Him.

Last, the entire book of Leviticus is God giving Moses the instructions for His people. Once He gives you the call He gives you the instructions. If you read through this book you will find that God crosses all T's and dots all I's. He's very detailed in how He wants Moses to lead. He will be this way with you too, but your first order of business with Him is "the why" and then He will tell you "the what".

Father, thank You for meeting us on the Mountain. It is in this place You tell us who we are and what You want us to accomplish for You. Thank You for my sisters and their callings. Father, I know You will watch over them this weekend and bring them back to this place on Monday to continue this conversation with You. In Jesus Name, I pray Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment