Tuesday, September 13, 2016

At the Lord's command set out

At the Lord's command set out

Numbers 9:17 Whenever the Cloud lifted from above the Tent, the Israelites set out; wherever the Cloud settled the Isaelites encamped.
Numbers 10:12a-13 Then the Israelites set out from the Desert (foot of the mountains) of Sinai and traveled from place to place until the Cloud came to rest...hey set out at the Lord's command through Moses.


Ladies-Let's do some quick bible cliff notes just to get us to this spot where God is commanding them to set out. Beginning from Exodus 19 the Israelites have been camped with God at the foot of Mt. Sinai. We learned through Exodus and on into Leviticus that God is making Himself know to His people. God has given them the instructions for living His way and now He is ready for them to break camp, head out into the world, claim His promises and fulfill His calling for their life. Our key verse shows us how to break camp...

¨Go where the Cloud leads you.¨

Let me tell you more of my story so that I may paint a picture for you how my family followed the Cloud. Our coach's staff was fired from a job back in 2011 and that was the most unusual move for us. My husband only had one job offer. It was the least likely place we thought we would go. We held off for months hoping another door would open, but no one called and there were no leads for any other places. Finally, I said to my coach, "this is God, He wants us to go to this place." Indeed, it was God. For the first time in my coach's career I actively got involved in FCA. After volunteering and helping with campus ministry I knew I was suppose to come on staff. All of this led to the Coach's Camp at St. Simon. which I have referred to in an earlier post as our ¨mountain¨ with the Lord.

I know in our sports world jobs can be fickle and moving is the norm. As I shared, we didn't understand why there was only one door. We eventually concluded that this place was where God wanted us to go. And just like the Israelites, when we broke camp we were led into the world to claim His promises, and fulfill His calling for our life.

I now tell people God ordained that move and it is where He called me to missions in sports. I'm glad we followed the Cloud. I pray you will follow the Cloud, too.

Father, thank you for teaching us how to break camp. I pray this has been good for us to hear. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment