Monday, August 22, 2016

Leave and Cleave

Leave and cleave

Genesis 2:24- This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.

Ladies, highlight this verse. On this coaching journey you may be called to move a few times. I have moved to 4 different states; leaving my family and friends behind. My coaching journey so far has taught me the literal parts of this verse, "leave your father and mother." 

Next, this verse challenges us to make our coach our number one human relationship. This means our relationship with him is meant to be more important than the relationships we enjoy with our parents, kids, friends, sister wives, neighbors, co-workers, etc. He has to be our highest human priority.

Our next challenge is to make sure our coach knows he is our number one priority.

Father, I pray we will reflect on Your order for marriage and commit to making our spouse our number 1 human relationship. I pray we are able to make decisions with our spouse without outside influence. I pray we are able to pick up and leave all other human relationships in order to fulfill our divine destines with our coaches.  Father, You are the best listener, may we cast our cares on You knowing fully that You care and will give us the wisdom we need in all of our relationships. It is in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment