Monday, August 22, 2016

Believing God's Word versus the voice of a stranger or the voices in the world.

Believing God's word, not the voices of strangers or the voices in the world.

Genesis 3:1- Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden?"

Genesis 3:11- "Who told you that you were naked?" the Lord God asked.

Ladies- God is asking us this same question today, "Who told you that...?" In other words, who are you listening to because I don't talk like that. (my paraphrased version)

Satan challenged Eve about God's word that day in the garden. Everyday He presents this same challenge to us in various ways. The best weapon we have to counter satan's lies is knowing what God's word says and planting these truths deep within our hearts. Satan's lies come to us from every direction, so we have to always be on guard. It can be difficult to trust God's word when Satan is coming at us everyday to deceive us. We realize this, that's why we created this group to help you and we are committed to walking with you. We pray you are committed too.

This time of the year as a coach's wife I needed God's word the most. Satan would always bring all kinds of crazy thoughts to me making me feel depressed, angry, frustrated, resentful, bitter, worn, discouraged, hopeless, lonely, mad, doubtful, etc. One thing I've learned is that I don't have to listen to him. I have learned to quickly shoot down his lies with God's truths and he flees. I encourage you to stop listening to him and use this tactic too.

Father, I pray Your daughter's are in love with Your voice, Your word and the voice of a stranger they will not follow. I pray they hide Your truths deep in their hearts so they may be planted like trees by the river of living water and their leaves do not wither and they bear fruit in each season. I pray we never follow the advice of the wicked one and we never doubt You, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment