Monday, August 22, 2016

Called to Divine Assignments

Called to Divine Assignments

Genesis 12:1-2 The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.¨

Ladies-There it is again, "leave and cleave". What also stands out to me is what God will do for Abram (our coach) when he gets to the place where God is sending him reread what He promised: ¨I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.¨  Many of our coaches are famous and we can all share stories about how they have been a blessing to others. What a privilege from God that he would have us marry men with great status, honor and influence.

Now let's look at our part: He took his wife, Sarai, his nephew Lot, and all his wealth-his livestock and all the people he had taken into his household at Haran. Genesis 12:5.

I used to dread "Black Sunday" also known as the coaching carousel because it comes at the end of November right in the middle of the school year and right before the holidays. When the carousel starts to move most of us have to stay behind to tie up loose ends when our coach gets the call. Some of us decide not to go at all for various reasons. 

I encourage you when your time comes to make these decisions please consult God. He will tell you what to do. 

As for me, I used to worry and stress out during this time of the year. My mind would be filled with all kind of scenarios: "Do I move right away, do I take the kids out of school, do we buy a house, do we rent our house or sell it, do I stay, will we get another call, etc". Thank goodness I no longer put myself through this torment. I now see my world from God´s perspective. I tell myself, ¨if the door is closed for us, it is because God closed it and where ever it opens next, it is also because God decided to open it there.¨ I go to Him and let Him give me His Omniscient solutions. Just like Abram and Sarai began a journey following God and not knowing where they were going, we are also on a journey following Him. Our destinations are determined by Him and the length of time we stay is determined by Him, too. When we arrive at a new place it is because He has called us there. 

Father, I thank You that our steps are ordered by You. I thank You that every place we go as coaching families is because of divine assignments from You. There are no accidents with You. I pray we open our eyes to where we are and open our ears to hear You tell us what You need for us to do in our new land. Thank You for this sisterhood and thank You for giving us men with such honor and influence. In Jesus Name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment