Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Joy of the Lord is your Strength

The Joy of the Lord is your Strength
Ladies-as we wrap up Nehemiah and move on to Esther I feel God wanting me to share this last scripture from Nehemiah with you.
Picking up from where we left off Monday in Nehemiah 8 the people who heard the Book of the Law were overwhelmed with emotions and wept. The Bible doesn't tell us why they were weeping and I'm not going to make any assumptions. Ecclesiastes 3:4a, tells us that in this life there is a time to weep. If this is your time to weep take heart, times and seasons have to change. Also, I pray you are encouraged by Nehemiah's words.
"Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared...Don't be dejected and sad, for the JOY OF THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH!" Nehemiah 8:10
Ladies-Weeping may endure for a night but JOY comes in the morning.(Psalms 30:5b) Whatever is causing you to weep God wants you to know that your strength is found in praising HIM!
I remember when I was at one of my lowest moments in life and my pastor told me to go, lay on the altar and worship. I didn't want to worship. I wanted him to console me and listen to my grief. I believe God is calling some of you to go to the altar and worship. This expression of praise to Him is your way of saying, "Father, I trust you beyond what I see or feel."
Ladies-do not fear tomorrow God is already there. This too shall pass. Be Blessed.
Father, I pray my sisters are encouraged by the truth and they come to you and worship allowing you to replace there pain with your JOY. In Jesus' Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment