Monday, September 12, 2016

How Long Do You Stay at the Mountain

How long do you stay at the Mountain?

Exodus 19:2b and Israel camped there in the desert in front of the mountain.

Ladies-I hope over the weekend you spent some time with the Lord asking Him about your calling. If He hasn’t given you any clarity or you don’t quite have the answer yet, don’t be alarmed. Let me remind you, I knew 16 years before marrying my coach that I would be used in some way by God. I’m still getting new insight and directions from Him every day. Some days I’m very confident in the mission and other days I feel like I’m in a fog. I think this is His way of keeping me dependent on Him, making sure I don’t get ahead of Him and to ensure that I walk daily with Him. I’ve concluded that you don’t really leave the mountain you hang out (camp) at this place with Him from this point forward.

When He calls, He draws you closer to Him. Let’s go back to the story of the Israelites and their draw to the mountain. Let’s see what they were learning about God and what He was teaching them. I want to highlight just a few points, but I also encourage you to read through the entire book of Exodus and Leviticus.

I am the Lord who Heals:
Genesis: 15:26b I will not bring on you any diseases I brought on the Egyptians for I am the Lord, who heals you.


I am the Lord who provides:
Genesis: 16:4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
Genesis: 16:11 At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.


I am the Lord who fights for You:
Exodus 17:14 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Write this on a scroll as something to be remembered and make sure Joshua hears it, because I will completely blot out the memory of Amalek (enemy) from under heaven.

I am the Lord who is with you and delivers you:
Exodus 20:2: I am the Lord your God who brought you out of Egypt out of the land of slavery (bondage)

I am the Lord who is Holy:
Leviticus 19:2 The Lord said to Moses, Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them:
“Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.


I believe before we can walk out any call as a coach’s wife God will take us on a similar walk just like He did with the Israelites. He will  introduce Himself to us too. He will use your mountain time to impress upon you who He is and what He expects from you.

Father thank You for bringing these women to the mountain with You. Lord, you have used every detail about our story to bring us closer and closer to You. Thank You for choosing us. Father, I pray we are surrendered servants ready to be used by You. Lord, thank You for Your word, may we stay in this conversation with You. In Jesus name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment