Monday, August 22, 2016

Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning: great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion:" therefore I will wait for Him. "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:22-25 NIV

As I think about these verses I'm reminded of a time in our life when we didn't understand what was happening to us. I want to share that moment with you.

My husband has not coached college football for 2 years. This door abruptly closed for us. On July 10th, 2014 my husband came home and said he was let go from his current job. Letting your defense coordinator go in the middle of July is an uncommon time to decide you want to go in a different direction on defense. I said to my husband, "this is God. I need to go pray." A few days passed and on the morning of July 14, 2014 the Lord woke me up very early to come and be with Him. As I walked downstairs to my meeting place with the Lord I suddenly remembered a phone call I had received from a cousin who shared a scripture with me: Trust the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV 
I reached the bottom of the stairs, sat on the sofa and waited quietly. I kept hearing this scripture. I repeated it over and over until I was confident in what I was saying. After awhile I got up from my meeting place with great faith in those words and released our future to God. I knew He would see us through. I got my family up and we took an impromptu trip to the beach. We extended our summer break and made the most of this unexpected time with our coach.

When life is heavy and hard to take, go off by yourself. Enter the silence. Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions: Wait for hope to appear. Don't run from trouble. Take if full face the worst is never the worst. Why? Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return. Lamentations 3:28-33 MSG 

Sisters, He takes no pleasure in making life hard for us but He allows our troubles and permits them to work for us. Our job is to lean in, cling to Him and His truths; trusting that He knows what He is doing and He has a plan for us.

Father, I pray Your words are honey to our souls today. I pray for my sister who needs to be reminded of Your compassion, love, and faithfulness. I pray for my sister who doesn't understand the new road and needs to be comforted by You. Lord, let Your love fill her heart and peace come to her soul. Thank You for being faithful to us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment