Monday, October 24, 2016

When your heart is broken...He calls you to ACT.

When your heart is broken… He calls you to ACT.

Most of us when our heart is hurting we pray and ask God to fix it or stop the pain-just do something to make it go away.  What if God is the one breaking your heart?  Have you ever consider it may be Him causing you to feel the way you do?  In our next 2 Bible books, Ezra and Nehemiah, we are going to see how God moved upon the heart of men in order to call them to Action.

I remember coming home from our first FCA Coaches’ Family Camp and my husband got in the bed with his Bible.  This was unusual for him so I asked him what he was planning to read.  He said, “A coach recommended he read the book of Nehemiah.”  I suggested, “Let’s read it together,” and he agreed.  We read a chapter a night and discussed what we gleaned.  By the 4th night I began to pray, asking God what was He preparing us for as a couple that we needed to read this book.  As we continued, I suggested we pray together because God was turning my heart.  I became burden for my hometown. My husband never shared what his burden was but I knew God was dealing with him.  Since that time God opened doors for us to live in my hometown and I’m serving as a missionary building ministries for middle and high school girls and the women of my community.  And my husband works at a Boys and Girls Club as an Athletic Director and Healthy Lifestyle Coach. He is now the head coach for every sport the Club offers. By the way it is the same club he attended as a youth and so he is also serving his hometown community too.     

I close with theses scripture from the book of Ezra and Nehemiah, “The Lord moved the heart of Cyrus king of Persia…” Ezra 1:1b

They said to me, “Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace.  The Wall of Jerusalem is broken down, and its gates have been burned with fire.  When I heard these things, I sat down and wept.  Nehemiah 1:3-4

The words of Jesus from the book of ACTS.  “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8

Are you in your Jerusalem? Are you His witnesses? And what has he called you there to do?

Father, as you speak to these ladies this week I pray they are opened to You showing them their Jerusalem. I pray they are Your witnesses.  I pray that they hear from You clearly and they see what You are calling them to do.  In Jesus’s name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment