Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Rewards of Faith

The Rewards of Faith

The Lord kept His word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised. Genesis 21:1

God is a re-warder of those who faithfully wait upon Him to the soul who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25

Although Sarah had to wait 25 years for the child of promise, God used every minute to grow Sarah's faith. I believe there is no time lost in faithfully waiting upon the Lord because God has an appointed time for everything that he brings into our lives.

To everything there is a season... Ecclesiastes 3:1
As coaches' wives we understand seasons probably better than many. We live our lives around athletic seasons. Some seasons are long and arduous. Some seasons are not long enough and move too fast.

These words from Ruth Graham has helped me walk through all of our different seasons: 
"We have to learn to make the least of all that goes and the most of all that comes." Ruth Graham.

Let me share a few more nuggets with you that have helped me manage seasons:

1. I have found the value in waiting: Waiting has caused me to value the thing I'm waiting for all the more. I now treasure and hold my desire more precious in value because I've waited for so long to have it.

2. I have found more time to give my attention to other things: On my way to my desired outcome I have learned to embrace every circumstance, my heart has grown closer to His heart and I understand God's ways more. My patience has grown for others and I feel more deeply the pain of others who are also waiting.

3. My faith has increased. Faith grows and strengthens with time. I now walk in greater faith because of my waiting.

So Ladies while you wait, be encouraged, that He, the One, upon whom you wait, shall strengthen your heart while you wait.

These are two of my go to verses that have given me strength in my waiting.

Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act. Don't worry... Psalms 37:7

Father, thank You for how You use every detail of our lives to get the very best out of us. You have placed Your glory in us and sometimes we have to be crushed in order for You to get it out. You let us hurt just a little so You can grow us a lot. Thank You for my sisters' faithfulness to wait on You. Father You shall reward us now and in due season. In Jesus name I pray, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment